- Visitors to White River State Park on Thursdays now have an opportunity to experience and taste the Slow Food Movement thanks to a newly formed collaboration between the Park and its Wishard Slow Food Garden and Duos Indy Mobile Kitchen.
- Members of the media are invited to come learn more about the Slow Food Movement while sampling food* from the mobile kitchen of Duos Indy.
- The Wishard Slow Food Garden at White River State Park (a partnership with Growing Places Indy and Slow Food Indy) is a 6,000-sq. ft. urban garden that supports education and engagement in urban gardening and healthful food, as well as provides produce for distribution through local farmers’ markets and eateries, now including Duos.
- Adults and children visiting the Park each Thursday will be able to enjoy a healthy lunch with many local ingredients, some harvested directly from the Garden.
- White River State Park at the Wishard Slow Food Garden – just north of the circle drive by the Visitors Center at 801 W. Washington St.
- June 30 – Media availability and media tastings/sampling from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
WHO for media availability:
- Bob Whitt, Executive Director, White River State Park Commission
- Becky Hostetter, Owner/Chef, Duos Indy Mobile Kitchen/Food Truck
- Laura Henderson, Founder/Director, Growing Places Indy and Director of the Garden
* FOOD samples for media served this Thursday June 30 2011 for media event:
- Panzanella Salad(beautiful bread salad with veggies and basil…vegan)
- Chicken Salad with Giardiniera and Artichoke Hearts on bed of greens
- Grilled Portobello on open faced bread with Gorgonzola Butter and Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette (vegan option)
- Ligurian Green Vegetable Soup (vegan)
- Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Bars