The Indianapolis Winter Farmers Market
2442 N. Central Ave. (SW corner at 25th & Central Ave.)
9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Continuing Weekly on Saturdays
The only central Indianapolis Winter Farmers Market will feature the best of Indiana's winter food bounty direct from farmers, growers and producers to you.
Products available will include, but will not be limited to:
- Winter greens, veggies & fruits
- Fresh & dried herbs, herbal vinegars & other quality herbal products for daily life
- Sustainably raised beef, chicken, pork, lamb, and eggs - free-range, grass raised and finished, free from hormones, antibiotics and synthetic supplements
- A wide selection of baked goods
- All natural, non-toxic household cleaning products
- Mushrooms & mushroom patties
- Stuffed pastas, sauces, chutneys, spreads, jams, salsas, butters & more
- Loose Leaf Teas
- Locally roasted coffee
- Cheese products
- Honey products
- Maple syrup products
Support our farmers & producers, Support yourself, Support our community! Buy Local!
Eating locally grown food is nothing new. A hundred years ago, over 95% of Americans lived on farms, and city dwellers relied on nearby farms to bring food in to the cities. Yet, far from being a relic of the past, farmers markets are a naturally beneficial way to “feed” the modern urban life, while also supporting local economy growth, individual health, and community building. Everybody wins!
- Local farms stay in business by bringing fresh, homegrown food to city neighborhoods.
- City dwellers can enjoy the health and taste benefits of eating locally grown produce.
- Individuals from all around Indianapolis & Indiana get together, have fun and build relationships. Farmers find out what consumers want to finesse their growth and production. Urban dwellers have the opportunity to better understand what they are eating, where it came from, try new healthy foods, and ask about delicious ways to prepare it at home. The Indianapolis community benefits as individuals from all walks of life visit, learn, eat and together create a more sustainable lifestyle for themselves and the future.